Full Time Coach
• Have safety as a priority and ensure a safe and enjoyable training environment.
• Introduction of young people to canoeing in a systematic and planned structure
• Development of young club members in the skills of Sprint, Marathon and Wild Water canoeing.
• Introduction of young club members to strength and fitness training in a safe, progressive and planned method
• Increase club membership by actively seeking and developing new members
• Report regularly to an appointed manager
This role would be suitable for a person with the following attributes:-
• A passion for the goals outlined above
• Good leadership and communication skills
• An ability to work on your own and to be self motivated
• An appreciation of an opportunity to be involved in a new initiative where your role will be pivotal.
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
– ICU/BCU or relevant qualifications preferable (Kayak Coach/Instructor)
– Have participated in competitive canoeing or have an interest in competitive canoeing with a relevant third level sports science qualification
– Have the physical attributes required of a canoeist to perform this demanding role.
Date: 27 July 2010
Wage/Salary: Will be discussed at interview stage
Start: September 2010
Duration: 1 year
Type: Full Time
How to apply: Email
Company: Salmon Leap Canoe Club
Contact: Siobhan Brennan
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in Ireland. Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before applying.