The new Personal Performance Awards are designed for paddlers wanting to gain recognition of their learning and development, in the craft and environment they choose.
The process of completing the awards is based on learning. The ethos of ‘supporting the paddler’ is the main focus of all the awards, encouraging individuals in their personal development.
Lee Pooley, British Canoeing Awarding Body Responsible Officer, says:
“British Canoeing Awarding Body is delighted to be announcing the new Personal Performance Awards. They will replace the existing ‘Star Awards’ from January 2019.
“The development of the new awards has been an exciting project with many paddlers involved in creating Personal Performance Awards for paddlers, as well as people new to paddlesport.”
Follow link for further information and documents on the New Personal Performance Awards.
Certification of New Personal Performance Awards
British Canoeing and the Canoe Association of Northern Ireland are delighted to announce the new certification process that is available from January 2019 for the NEW Personal Performance Awards.
Systems have been designed and developed to create a straight forward, effective and efficient process for both paddlers and providers.
- Online payments
- Bulk upload facility for both Paddle Awards – Start and Discover.
- Candidate receives their certification within minutes of the provider uploading
- Ability to share over social media sites
- Removes the need for filling in and posting paperwork
- Teachers, Clubs and Centres can choose to receive the certificates for group presentations
Please click on the video below to view a step by step guide of how to certificate paddlers with their Paddle Start and Paddle Discover Personal Performance Award.
- Paddle Start is FREE
- Paddle Discover is £6
- Paddle Explore is £6 for members and £8 for non members
- All discipline specific awards are £10 for members and £20 for non members
Important: CANI Providers can request course authorisation for Explore and Discipline Specific Awards, once the course is authorised you will receive an email with a link to Personal Performance Awards course schedules. As a provider when you complete your course you need to return the schedule by email and then contact the office to make payment, or post with payment.