In January 2021, British Canoeing will introduce a new Leadership Award suite aligned to the British Canoeing Educational Philosophy aimed at increasing the number of qualified leaders and providing more opportunities for people to paddle.
The new awards are ideal for clubs, centres and activity providers looking to lead groups on single or mixed craft journeys, from sheltered water to advanced water.
The awards suite have optional training and direct entry opportunities, which means you can start your development journey TODAY to ensure you are prepared for the new awards in January.
Don’t wait until January – start your leadership journey today from the comfort of your sofa…
- The Leadership eLearning package is an optional supportive resource that takes you through some of the key principles behind the British Canoeing Model of Leadership, exploring influences on a leader’s behaviours as well as leadership approaches
- The digital library is full of resources to support you in your understanding and knowledge, alongside other eLearning such as buoyage, nutrition and looking after the environment.
All Leaders will require –
- Valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing recognised First Aid award, appropriate for the qualification – Find and book upcoming First Aid courses!
- Valid (within 3 years) Safeguarding Training – British Canoeing offer a range of online Safeguarding packages, as well as face to face courses.
- Membership provides liability insurance. Visit your National Association website to get your membership today.
Coming soon to the British Canoeing Awarding Body website….
- The Leadership and Raft Guide Self-Analysis tool will enable you to identify specific areas of development, so you can plan your unique learning journey based on your responses.
- The downloadable logbook gives you the option to record your experience, forming a diary to capture and aid reflection. This will help you consider your progress ahead of an assessment as well as keeping a record once qualified.
- The guidance for leading mixed craft is ideal if you’re looking to become a Paddlesport Leader or Paddlesport Touring Leader.
- Whether you’re driving 20 miles down the road to a new location or planning an overseas expedition, the leading in an unfamiliar environment resource will provide top tips and considerations.
To find out more about the NEW Leadership Awards, visit the British Canoeing Awarding Body website here.