Please Note: CANI are obliged as part of the terms of this grant to publish a breakdown of all funding awarded to each paddle club.
Sport NI Sustainability Fund Information
Paddle Clubs should apply through CANI as their governing body. Sport NI will not accept applications directly from clubs. For Club guidance notes and spreadsheet application form please click here.
Mary Peters Trust “Mask Out to Help Out“
CANI canoe slalom athlete, Jake Cochrane, who is part of the Canoeing Ireland performance programme and is wearing his Mary Peters Trust snood as part of the “Mask Out to Help Out” initiative outlines what it means to him being a Mary Peters Trust athlete. Jake said;
“I have been lucky enough to be supported by the Mary Peters Trust for the past six years and I am extremely grateful to be awarded the award for 2021. Receiving the award each year helps offset some financial pressure of paying my way to get to competitions and next year the award will help pay for part of my expenses of competing at the 2021 European Championships, taking some pressure of paying for the event and allowing me to as prepared as possible to perform my best at these championships!”
British Canoeing launches NEW Leadership and Raft Guide
Awards Suite and Supportive Resources
British Canoeing is pleased to announce that the NEW Leadership and Raft Guide Awards are now available. See Youtube video here
The new awards aim to create more opportunities for people to paddle by increasing the number of qualified leaders.
The awards suite aligns to the British Canoeing Educational Philosophy and supports leaders and raft guides to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips, based on their group’s needs and aspirations.
The awards are ideal for clubs, centres and activity providers looking to lead groups on single or mixed craft journeys, from sheltered water to advanced water.
There are a range of new resources available to support you in your development as a Leader or Raft Guide, as well as resources to support your trips and journeys, see here.
- The new leaders and raft guide self analysis tool here aids you in identifying specific areas of development, so you can plan your own unique learning and development journey based on your responses.
- Whether you’re driving 20 miles down the road to a new location or planning an overseas expedition, the new leading in unfamiliar environments elearning will provide top tips and considerations. Click here.
- The guidance for leading mixed craft is ideal if you’re looking to become a Paddlesport Leader or Paddlesport Touring Leader. Click here.
- A selection of resources to support your leadership decision making when considering using weirs. Click here.
- A revised and revamped digital logbook is available to download so you can record your experience, forming a diary to capture and reflect. This will support you in your progress towards assessment. This can also be used as a development record for qualified leaders.
- The Raft Guide video playlist is ideal for anyone on their journey to become a Stadium Raft Guide, Raft Guide or River Trip Leader. Click here.
NEW Stadium Personal Performance Awards
British Canoeing is pleased to announce that we are introducing two new Personal Performance Awards, for those looking to develop their personal skills on man-made, artificial white water courses.
The NEW Stadium White Water Award and Progressive Stadium White Water Award are designed to develop your ability to apply appropriate decision making skills for a safe day out white water paddling on a man-made, white water venue.
Find a course
Upcoming courses are advertised by the Delivery Centres. Please contact your Delivery Centre to find out more at CANI here.
Become a Provider
If you’re interested in becoming a Provider of the NEW Stadium Awards, you will need to complete the Personal Performance Awards Provider elearning here .
The eLearning provides , the and access to a range of to use for your marketing and promotion.
Aspirant Providers will need to hold the following roles or qualification to deliver the awards or work towards delivering the awards.
New & Lapsed Members
-Renew Your CANI Membership
Please click here for the CANI Homepage