CANI are in the process of forming of a new performance committee that will advise on all matters relating to performance canoeing. We are in the early stages of developing and populating an athlete pathway and the new committee will play a key role in the strategic developments across Northern Ireland within all of the performance disciplines which include Slalom, Sprint, Surf and Polo.
We are currently looking for people with specific skills, therefore a panel from CANI, Sport N.I and the Sports Institute will make the decision on who will be invited.
The Terms of Reference and Role Descriptors can be downloaded from HERE
If you meet the following criteria we would like to hear from you;
( Experience / Background does not need to be canoeing specific)
- Experience as a performance based coach (either current or in the past)
- A current or former athlete with international representation
- A parent of an athlete who has represented Ireland or GB internationally
- A provider of talent and or high performance athlete support services
- A desire to develop performance canoeing within Northern Ireland
- Be able to work as part of a committee