Understanding & responding appropriately to sexually harmful behaviour by young people in the community
NOTA (NI) Training
10.00am – 4.00pm, 22nd November Venue: BelfastHigh School Old Boys Rugby Club (off Upper Rd Greenisland)
“Understanding and Responding Appropriately to Sexually Harmful Behaviour by Young People in the Community”
This training workshop explores at the challenges in recognising and responding to young people who display sexually harmful behaviour in community and voluntary organisations. Places are limited to a maximum of 25 and you will receive return confirmation of your place.
The target audience: Those from the non-statutory, voluntary and community sector;
· Youth workers in the voluntary education sector.
· Uniformed organisations.
· Faith based organisation.
· Sports organisations.
· Trainers and policy officers from the voluntary sector.
Issues to be addressed;
1) Normative to Problematic behaviour. Range of adolescent sexual behaviours:
· What is appropriate behaviour?
· What is concerning?
· What is harmful?
2) Sex, young people and the law:
· Impact of the Sexual Offences (NI) Order
· What is a sexual offence?
· Mandatory reporting.
3) Building confidence in managing the risk posed by those who have displayed sexually harmful behaviour;
· Managing the risk, supervision level required.
· Family links and support
· Information sharing with the voluntary sector.
· Dealing with non-conviction cases.
Certificates of attendance will be provided by NOTA upon request
Booking – This is open to non members and NOTA members.
Cost – £20 for NOTA members and £45 for non NOTA members
Tea and coffee available on arrival from 9.45am
Please complete the attached booking form and return to: Denis Ferguson, PPANI Strategy & Administration, Seapark Complex, 151 Belfast rd, Carrickfergus BT38 8PL; Tel. 02890259612;email: email@example.com