The Canoe Association of Northern Ireland (CANI) are undertaking a review of its safeguarding practices and seek your involvement.
The aim of the working group will be to complete the following;
- Review of the Policies.
- Review of the Guidance documents.
- Review of the templates.
- Review of the information provided to clubs, coaches and leaders.
- Review the provision of courses.
- Review the role of the CANI safeguarding committee.
Following the review the group will;
- Compile findings and make recommendations to the CANI Board.
- Advise on the implementation of the new documents following approval by the CANI Board.
- Recruit and select new members for the CANI safeguarding committee.
- Produce a closing paper to the CANI Board.
- The consultation will commence on the 6thAugust at the CANI office.
- If you can’t attend in person you can join via a conference call.
- The working group will be complete by the 30th
Formation of the group
- The CANI safeguarding officer.
- The CANI chief officer.
- 3-6 volunteers.
Volunteer skill sets
- Knowledge of the canoeing and kayaking sector.
- Knowledge of safeguarding practices from either within the sport or from an external skill set.
If you would like to be part of the safeguarding working group email email@example.com before the 1st August