A huge thank you to everyone who took part during ‘National Go Canoeing Week’ 2017. We had over 250 paddlers participating in over 35 events across Northern Ireland, hosted by 11 CANI Clubs and Providers!
National Go Canoeing Week is an annual campaign, aiming to raise the profile of the sport, at a national level and encourage as many people as possible to pick up a paddle and get out on the water! The event challenges the nation to see how many miles we can paddle as a collective throughout the week. It is a fantastic chance to come together and celebrate the sport with paddlers old and new. The 2017 mileage target was set at 30,000 miles. At present the total stands at 54,633 miles and continues to rise as more paddlers log their journeys from the week.
Stay up to date with Go Canoeing events and first hand information on the 2018 National Go Canoeing Week developments by visiting www.gocanoeing.org.uk
Want to get involved in a club?
Whether you paddled with a provider during National Go Canoeing Week or not, you can get involved in a club and continue developing you paddling ability.
The clubs and providers who hosted events during National Go Canoeing Week 2017 are listed below. Why not see what other sessions they have coming up?
- Ballyholme Yacht Club | Facebook | Email
- Belfast Canoe Club | Facebook | Email |
- Belfast Kayak Academy | Facebook | Email
- Broighter Paddlers | Facebook | Email
- Co. Antrim Paddle Sports (C.A.P.S) | Facebook | Email
- C3 Paddlers | Facebook | Email
- Erne Paddlers | Facebook | Email
- Far and Wild | Facebook | Email
- Portrush Yacht Club | Facebook | Email
- Share Discovery Village | Facebook | Email
- Tollymore National Outdoor Centre | Facebook | Email
For more clubs and providers visit cani.org.uk/get-started
Clubs and Providers
Do you have images or videos of The Big Adventure 2017? Share the experience with other paddlers by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can post them on our website. Are you a club or provider who would like to get involved in up coming events? Contact CANI using the contact details below.