Starter Sessions are an excellent way to be introduced to the sport of Canoeing. You don’t need to have any previous canoeing experience, specialist kit or skills…just come and have a go! If you have been canoeing before, our Starter Sessions are also a great opportunity to find out what we have to offer. Perhaps it has been a while since you were last on the water or maybe you want to share your passion, and introduce family and friends to the sport? Whatever your motivation, Starter Sessions will provide an ideal opportunity to get out on the water and try canoeing.
Equipment and what to bring;
All equipment will be provided on the day so you don’t need any specialist kit to take part. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, such as light tracksuit bottoms (not jeans) and layered tops, as well as any water/windproof over layers and a pair of old shoes (with secure fastenings) which you don’t mind getting wet – no flip flops.
Check the weather before leaving the house to ensure you take clothing to suit the conditions. If it is sunny, don’t forget to wear waterproof sun cream (we recommend a minimum of factor 30) and a hat, as the reflection of the sun off the water can be strong. It is also worth bringing a spare change of clothes to travel home in, just in case you get the odd splash off the paddle.
Details of session and how to book;
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Saturday 28th May – 10.00am – 11.30am – Cost £5
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Saturday 28th May – 12.00pm – 1.30pm – Cost £5
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Saturday 28th May – 2.00pm – 3.30pm – Cost £5
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Sunday 29th May – 10.00am – 11.30am – Cost £5
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Sunday 29th May – 12.00pm – 1.30pm – Cost £5
- Erne Paddlers Starter Session – Stand Up Paddleboards – Sunday 29th May – 2.00pm – 3.30pm – Cost £5
Sessions are open to all people 8 years and above.
To book a session please contact Trevor Foster by email; email@example.com or by phone; 07850590019
Booking is essential and bookings will close on Friday 27th May.
Location and Directions;
Castle Island Canoe Centre – Please follow link for directions
Postcode: BT74 7EF
Drive into the Lakeland Forum leisure centre, Enniskillen, and head towards the Castle. Go past steel bollards between the running track and the children’s play park.
The meeting point is at the concrete jetty, between the Leisure Centre and the Castle, where you will be taken over to the Canoe Centre on the island opposite for the activities.