CANI invite you to the Annual General Meeting of the Canoe Association of Northern Ireland (the “Company”) at the Belfast Boat Club on the 14thAugust at 7.30pm.
The CANI Board is the body that is responsible for the strategic direction and oversees the operation of all CANI activity.
It is important that CANI has a board with a variety of experiences to ensure the future growth and success of the organisation. To aid this, the board have recruited directors based on skills and competencies to meet future requirements of a modern organisation.
The AGM will be held at the Belfast Boat Club and will start at 7.30pm. Tea and coffee will be served from 7pm.
The process of this AGM is as follows.
- Only 2018 members are entitled to vote on the various resolutions as per the CANI Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Each CANI affiliated club is entitled to one vote, the club must nominate its representative in writing in advance of the meeting. The following text can be used; “We (Insert club name)nominate(Insert member name)to represent and vote on behalf of our club at the 2018 AGM”. This must be signed by a club official and received by the Company by the 9thAugust 2018.
- If a member is unable to attend the meeting they can appoint someone to act on their behalf at the AGM; this is called a proxy. The proxy form can be downloaded below and must be received by the Company by the 9thAugust 2018.
- The agenda for the AGM, including the resolutions, can be found below.
The four resolutions that are on the agenda that members can vote by proxy for are:
- Ratify directors
- To adopt of the proposed amendments to the Articles of Association.
- To adopt the annual report
- To adopt the accounts for the year
Ref number 2. A special resolution is one passed by a majority of not less than 75% present (in person, or through an authorised representative or by proxy) and voting at a general meeting.
The other resolutions require a simple majority.
There are two amendments to the Articles of Associationbeing presented;
- To change the articles to allow the board to change the membership from a fixed year where everyone joins on the 1stJanuary to a rolling year where membership starts at the time of joining and will expire twelve months later, at a time of their choosing.
- To change the reference from British Canoe Union to British Canoeing.
The motions require amajority of not less than 75% present (in person, or through an authorised representative or by proxy) and voting at a general meeting.
Reports and Accounts
- Presentation and adoption of the annual report.
- Presentation and adoption of the accounts for the financial year 2017-2018
After the Company AGM there will be election of officers to the CANI sub committees which are; Coaching Panel, Performance Committee and Equality Action Committee. These committees play an important part in the development of canoeing across NI and we are seeking people with an interest within these areas. The committee meetings can be attended via conference call or in person. The committee chair will arrange the meeting place and time to accommodate the committee members.
CANI Coaching Panel
The CANI Coaching Panel is responsible for the development and maintaining standards of coaching within NI and advising the CANI board on issues related to coaching. The panel aims are;
- To support CANI to deliver its Key Performance Indicators as detailed in the CANI development plan.
- To support CANI coaches in their development.
- To oversee the strategic development and delivery of the British Canoeing (BC) award scheme and coaching provision within Northern Ireland.
- To manage the CANI Coach Educators and leadership assessors and ensure a consistent delivery at all levels.
- To manage the BC initiatives, as and when appropriate.
- To support CANI Club and Workforce Manager with coaching development targets.
The membership of the panel is;
- Vice Chairperson
- Five Coaching Officers
As these roles are appointed for a two year term, the role for election this year is one coaching officer
CANI Performance Committee
The CANI Performance Committee is established to advise the CANI executive on all matters relating to talent and performance development. The committee’s aims are;
- To advise on performance matters relevant to the delivery of the CANI Strategic Plan.
- To advise on performance matters relevant to CANI’s Operational Plan.
- To advise on matters relating to CANI athletes and requirements for the future.
- To advise on matters relating to CANI squads and requirements for the future.
- To advise on performance related club developments.
The membership of this committee is;
- CANI performance coach.
- Four CANI members with suitable experience of talent and/or high performance development in canoeing.
- Independent advisor elected by the committee.
All of the roles apart from the indepent advisor and the Performance coach is up for election.
CANI Equality Action Committee
The CANI Equality Action Committee is established to advise on the delivery of the CANI Equality Action Plan. Its aims are;
- To advise on matters relevant to the delivery of the CANI Equality Action Plan.
- To monitor the delivery of the actions highlighted in the equality action plan.
- To advise on equality matters in relation to all operations within CANI.
- To advise on actions needed to ensure CANI is compliant with equality regulations.
The membership of this committee is;
- CANI Chief Officer. (Lead equality Officer)
- Four CANI members with suitable experience of equality matters within canoeing.
All of the roles are up for election apart from the Chief Officer which is an executive position.
We hope to see you at the AGM on the 14thAugust at 7.30pm.
From the roundabout at Stranmillis University College take the Lockview Road towards Cutters Warf. Keep on the main road passing car parks and rowing clubs on the left-hand side. The Belfast Boat Club is the last building on the left.